Sometimes I really hate technology & solicitors

:speech_balloon: Grab a chair, kick off your shoes, chill and chat.
L Austin France

#1 Post by L Austin France »

We have a UK commercial lease renewal awaiting signature but our UK solicitors had just informed us that their power of attorney for us had expired so they were going to implement a remote online signing system which would be 'simple'.
Almost two days & probably 30 phone calls after starting this 'simple' process we were not close to completing this system which asked us so many intrusive questions whilst not getting anywhere close to the part where we should involve our local signature witness. In short the system, which we'd paid for up front, was utter crap.
The operators of this 'simple' system refused to speak to us & insisted that all questions be routed through our solicitors so you can imagine what a trial this was.
This morning our witness was at ours waiting to sign a system that we were assured would be ready . Was it hell as like!. It was still a total shambles so we told the witness we'd have to sort it & would let them know when.
The witness was just leaving when a call from a tech guy at our solicitors said they had another system available which he was messaging to us.
Twenty minutes later the lease was remotely signed by us & witnessed ready for tenants to sign.
Dunno if we were paying guinea pigs for the 'simple' system but having paid our solicitors upfront for crap we're not happy.
The partner dealing with our account is on holiday whilst his umpteen assistants were tearing their hair our trying to sort out this shambles but not before he'd sent the company's bill for £1,500 quid + disbursements + vat for copying the existing lease & creating mayhem.
He's in for a right bollocking on his return & we'll be looking for new solicitors.

glazedallover

#2 Post by glazedallover »

It wouldn't surprise me at all if solicitors sometimes hated their clients...

Hotrodder

#3 Post by Hotrodder »

But they do love their clients' money.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Niftyons

#4 Post by Niftyons »

Wellcome to the machine.