Another new word in English !

:speech_balloon: Grab a chair, kick off your shoes, chill and chat.
Pathca

#31 Post by Pathca »

Don’t they all !
Some mates of mine went to the home address of someone witnessed to have driven away from a damage only RTC and he opened the door with a brandy glass in his hand.What people don’t realise is that it is possible to back calculate from blood levels what they would have been over the last few hours

Wilbro

#32 Post by Wilbro »

What also gets me is the tv programmes where the driver talks to a passenger or camera on the passenger side and takes their eyes off the road and looks at the passenger/camera whilst driving. Davina McCall is a classic offender!

DominicBest

#33 Post by DominicBest »

'I really don't understand how anyone can possibly have a conversation on a mobile and not be distracted from the business of driving.'

I'm sure that we all have different abilities when it comes to multitasking but I know that I can't follow a TV programme properly and hold a phone call at the same time. I can hold conversations with other people in the room or eat while watching TV but talking on the phone is beyond me. That's one of the things that has stopped me from ever being tempted to drive and talk on the phone at the same time. If my brain can't cope with the phone and something as simple as watching TV I presume it might well struggle with talking on the phone and concentrating on my driving. Don't mention people texting behind the wheel, I can't send messages without staring at the screen while I type!

Blaze

#34 Post by Blaze »

DominicBest wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:05 pm Don't mention people texting behind the wheel, I can't send messages without staring at the screen while I type!
:lol: I know what you mean ! Kids today use the keyboard on their mobiles at an incredible speed. But the number of times I've seen a scooter rider texting .... and the sort of driver that sits on your tail, drops back then sits on your tail, his/her head bobbing up and down ... doesn't take a genius to work out what they're doing. I don't like to think what would happen if I had to brake suddenly.

The gadgetry in modern cars doesn't help - there's so much of it and I certainly couldn't keep my eyes on the road whilst fiddling ... so I don't. Fiddle, I mean.

glazedallover

#35 Post by glazedallover »

It is comforting to be posting among such saints...

Bless me father for I have sinned, it is 6 months since my last confession......I have told lies, I didn't wear a seatbelt......

Wilbro

#36 Post by Wilbro »

Forget the seatbelt in our Fiesta and the car gives you louder and louder grief until you put it on.

ajm

#37 Post by ajm »

In the days I used to drive into Manchester I saw drivers reading books, eating, shaving as well using phones. The mind boggles.