Ukraine

:speech_balloon: Grab a chair, kick off your shoes, chill and chat.
Blaze

Ukraine

#451 Post by Blaze »

Having just read this article on Dagestan, I can't help wondering why Russia's crackpot leader isn't concentrating on "controlling" the territories he already has instead of needlessly destroying another country and murdering its people.
https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-15824831

ajm

Ukraine

#452 Post by ajm »

His forced conscription will result in a lot of men dying. It truly will be Mother Russia when there are no men left.

ajm

Ukraine

#453 Post by ajm »

Well the results are in. Nearly 100% are in favour of Russian annexation. Who would have thought it.

Hotrodder

Ukraine

#454 Post by Hotrodder »

Meanwhile, the Ukrainians are being asked by Russian soldiers about the terms of surrender.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Bayleaf

Ukraine

#455 Post by Bayleaf »

ajm wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:16 pm Well the results are in. Nearly 100% are in favour of Russian annexation. Who would have thought it.
When you're the World Leader of Vote Fixing, there wouldn't have been any other result! ;)

niemeyjt

Ukraine

#456 Post by niemeyjt »

Bayleaf wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:28 amWhen you're the World Leader of Vote Fixing, there wouldn't have been any other result! ;)
That title surely belongs to Kim Jong-un:

North Korea elections: Kim Jong-un wins 100% of the vote

source: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 80814.html

But Putin did well to secure 99% I grant you.

Hotrodder

Ukraine

#457 Post by Hotrodder »

As dictators go they are both top notch. Anyone that can "con" that much of the population without getting assassinated has to be congratulated.
Thinking about it even Boris deserves some credit on that score.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Bayleaf

Ukraine

#458 Post by Bayleaf »

"The risk of a nuclear "Armageddon" is at its highest level since the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis, US President Joe Biden has said." says a BBC headline.

(Sorry to put a downer on National Smile Day!)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63167947

Musk has upset Zelenski big time by suggesting his own version of an end to this invasion - just give up completely to Russia.

Strangely enough, I've just started reading a book by Charlotte Bingham - fictional, but based around the time of the Cuban Crisis and everyone in fear of not being alive the next day. Not sure I should carry on reading it at the moment. :shock:

Edit: I hadn't been born in 1962, so just read up how it was resolved back then:
"However, disaster was avoided when the U.S. agreed to Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev's (1894-1971) offer to remove the Cuban missiles in exchange for the U.S. promising not to invade Cuba. Kennedy also secretly agreed to remove U.S. missiles from Turkey."

Not sure how it can be played out now, as apparently a deal with signed by Zelensky just before the invasion this year in February - but (as usual), Putrid completely ignored it and continued with his slaughter, sorry, "Special Military Operation" anyway. :cry:
Last edited by Bayleaf on Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

niemeyjt

Ukraine

#459 Post by niemeyjt »

I still think those around him are not insane, even if he is. And even senior politicians are rumoured not to have a place in the shelters - so WW3 is not in their interests.

I put a coup as more likely than WW3.

As for Musk - he is just a publicity-seeking imbecile.

Bayleaf

Ukraine

#460 Post by Bayleaf »

:lol: A PSI as opposed to an HSM!