Weather ... again

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
Lori

Weather ... again

#171 Post by Lori »

1 degree here this morning. Same as yesterday and looks to be same tomorrow morning. Used the wood burner last night for the first time in weeks.

Headers

Weather ... again

#172 Post by Headers »

It’s unseasonably cold here too. I have today dug up the Basil that I planted outside having forgotten how temperature sensitive it is. I am hoping for a miracle as it doesn’t look too bright. It is now by a window indoors.
I too have rekindled the wood burner.
I have 3 sets of birds in nesting boxes and I am worried they won’t find enough creepy crawlies to feed their littluns.

Lori

Weather ... again

#173 Post by Lori »

Headers wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:49 pm I have today dug up the Basil that I planted outside having forgotten how temperature sensitive it is. I am hoping for a miracle as it doesn’t look too bright. It is now by a window indoors.
Yep, mine is dead. I knew it was a risk when I planted it. I never have much luck with Basil, no matter what the variety. I might try planting another when the weather warms up .. whenever that might be...

Bayleaf

Weather ... again

#174 Post by Bayleaf »

Not looking forward to this later today! :shock: The brighter the colour, the heavier the rainfall. Strong winds at the moment ...
Screenshot 2024-04-27 160822.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lori

Weather ... again

#175 Post by Lori »

Yep, verrryyyy windy here. Have tried to secure everything I can outside. No rain yet, but we've gotten all the candles and flashlights out. I'm hoping it won't be as bad as they've said..

Doug

Weather ... again

#176 Post by Doug »

After hours of very strong winds they suddenly stopped and the storms arrived, in first 30 minutes we had 10mm of rain and the road has turned into a river.

Lori

Weather ... again

#177 Post by Lori »

Skies are grey, but rain has yet to arrive. If you've got it Doug, I presume we'll have it any moment now..

Winds have not let up.

Polarengineer

Weather ... again

#178 Post by Polarengineer »

Bit of a blow indeed. Heard a decent size tree crash to the ground yesterday and went out with the jobber with a chainsaw. It was somewhere in the forest and not on the roads or tracks through our patch. loads of small branches on the roads that we had to clear. Today, we need to check again after all the rain and wind last night. We are right in the middle of that radar scan.

Lori

Weather ... again

#179 Post by Lori »

We were spared I guess. I good bit of gusty winds, a fair bit of rain, but very little lightening and no hail. It all settled down by 19h30. No power outage. I'm grateful.

Hotrodder

Weather ... again

#180 Post by Hotrodder »

Nothing to report from dreary Brittany. Clouds and sunshine, not a breath of wind, a little drizzle first thing this morning. :angel:
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.