Moving house?

:fr: Drop in for a natter about anything French related.
Headers

Moving house?

#41 Post by Headers »

We have double vantaux arched windows. We got a local menuisier to make up wooden frames that fit half the window. They lock in place using the window lock and the side of the window they are replacing. Easy to fit/unfit.

Grangela

Moving house?

#42 Post by Grangela »

Did I say ‘moving house’? Well, we almost have! After four months in an Airbnb we’ve now spent nearly five months in ‘senior accommodation’ in central Pau a mere ten minute walk from the renovations. After a total of nine months gestation our baby is about to be handed over. The removal firm has been booked, the family is rallying round and I am planning on sitting at the centre of it all, observing.
We are very pleased we chose Pau. The people are very welcoming, the town is all we could wish for and the restaurants are great. Happy happy happy!

Lori

Moving house?

#43 Post by Lori »

Such a long wait. I'm glad you are happy with your location. Best of luck in your new home. :clap:

Polly

Moving house?

#44 Post by Polly »

How lovely to hear your good news - sending best wishes for you in your new home! 🏡 💐

Hotrodder

Moving house?

#45 Post by Hotrodder »

:D :D
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Grangela

Moving house?

#46 Post by Grangela »

Thank you. It’s good to know I haven’t been forgotten the past nine months.
Angela