The Piano

hughnique

The Piano

#1 Post by hughnique »

Quite a satisfying and entertaining programme, hard to believe that all these talented piano players are just al walking through the railway station at one time. Notwithstanding that the music was pretty good, do like a bit of jazz piano, Dudley Moore was a great player, as was Brucie. So It's me again moaning hugh the prize for the best performance was a spot at the festival hall with Lang Lang, thought that was a perfume, and who wins it the one and only pony performer rapping to a bit of self composed music. The rest were streets ahead perhaps perfume man doesn't want any competition. Pleas send comments to P.O. Box 29 Derby.

Char
Site Admin

The Piano

#2 Post by Char »

Lang Lang is a brilliant pianist and a joy to listen to, he's definitely not a perfume but he probably smells nice. :lol:

Bayleaf

The Piano

#3 Post by Bayleaf »

I've recorded it to watch another time. I absolutely love piano music, so will hopefully just enjoy it for that. I also get quite cynical about how random these sorts of programmes actually are, but if they play some good piano, that'll do for me! :D

L Austin France

The Piano

#4 Post by L Austin France »

Like pianos & loved the programme.
My old man couldn't read a note of music but played many instruments well & had a good sideline bashing the ivories at the local boozers. I never did understand how the numerous pints, perched on top of the Joanna's half opened lid, never fell inside when he started on the Boogie Woogies.
My sister, on the other hand, was a gold medal piano player who wouldn't demean herself playing piano in a public house & preferred concert stuff.
I was brought up in a house where live music prevailed & visiting musos were always making music.
I can knock out a recognisable tune on most instruments but compared to the old fellow & sis. I'm rubbish. :)

ajm

The Piano

#5 Post by ajm »

Char wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:44 pm Lang Lang is a brilliant pianist and a joy to listen to, he's definitely not a perfume but he probably smells nice. :lol:
I agree with the first half of your sentence but I can't bear to watch him - he looks so smug. To watch - Yuga Wang - brilliant.

Spectrum

The Piano

#6 Post by Spectrum »

There are lots of videos on YouTube where a piano is put in a shopping centre, or airport, or just on the street, some very very good.

Hotrodder

The Piano

#7 Post by Hotrodder »

Not overly keen on piano myself after struggling with it as a kid but oh how I'd like to play like Jools Holland.
https://youtu.be/dxK6dTcaJTc

I would suggest listening to this on a PC with good speakers attached. A laptop or phone just won't make it rock.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.