Hot glue guns

:house_with_garden: French DIY - challenges & solutions, Painting & Wallpapering etc.
L Austin France

Hot glue guns

#1 Post by L Austin France »

I love 'em. :D
I use mine for all sorts of jobs.
I've just resurected a paddock LED solar light that blew down in the last gale & smashed the battery through it's plastic compartment. A bit of hot glue got the positive lead's spring terminal back where it should be & Bob's yer Uncle, it's working again.
They're great for all sorts of glueing jobs including turning up trouser hems on my working overalls etc & give almost instant results.
Apparently they are used to glue sequins on frocks so there you go ladies, it's a must have for you. ;)

Naylor's Ark

Hot glue guns

#2 Post by Naylor's Ark »

As a dressmaker, the "turning up trouser hems" with glue had me clenching my teeth. I can see gluing on sequins might be necessary in some cases. I've always sewn them on in the past.
I agree glue guns are useful though, I have one in my craft room.

hughnique

Hot glue guns

#3 Post by hughnique »

It helped me when my koi filter sprung a leak, first I melted some cable ties in to the hole then gave an overcoat of hot glue, worked ok fingers crossed.

Hotrodder

Hot glue guns

#4 Post by Hotrodder »

Once I get a bit of spare time I will be pulling dents out of my van bodywork using hot glue and a little puller gadget.
Or attempting to do so. :roll:
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

DominicBest

Hot glue guns

#5 Post by DominicBest »

Hotrodder wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:50 pm Once I get a bit of spare time I will be pulling dents out of my van bodywork using hot glue and a little puller gadget.
You beat me too it. It’s amazing what a good job you can do like that.

L Austin France

Hot glue guns

#6 Post by L Austin France »

Hotrodder wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:50 pm Once I get a bit of spare time I will be pulling dents out of my van bodywork using hot glue and a little puller gadget.
Aw come on Hotrodder!
You're a Breton now so do what the locals do & leave the dents.
They're worn as a badge of pride by all the old fogeys to show they are still driving :lol:

Hotrodder

Hot glue guns

#7 Post by Hotrodder »

The fogeys around here are either in those little glassfibre sans permis or on ancient tractors pulling stacks of round bales that knock down the telephone wires.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.