Chèque énergie BOIS

French Plumbing - 'how to', supplies & regulations; Heating - options & installation; Septic tanks - regulations & installation
MAD87

Chèque énergie BOIS

#1 Post by MAD87 »

You can now apply for it inline at https://chequeboisfioul.asp-public.fr/chqfuel/

You'll need your avis d'imposition to enter your numéro fiscal, and the bill(s) for wood.

Headers

Chèque énergie BOIS

#2 Post by Headers »

Hahaha bills for the wood. Not much chance of that round these ‘ere parts

Char
Site Admin

Chèque énergie BOIS

#3 Post by Char »

Headers wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:39 am Hahaha bills for the wood. Not much chance of that round these ‘ere parts
:lol: :lol: nor round these parts either.

Thanks @MAD87 Some people might bills for their wood and that's very helpful.

Hotrodder

Chèque énergie BOIS

#4 Post by Hotrodder »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I haven't found one yet who would accept the energie cheque.
Humanity landed on the moon over fifty years ago but it seems too much to ask for a reliable telephone/internet service in rural France.

Nomoss

Chèque énergie BOIS

#5 Post by Nomoss »

Last time we bought a ton of pellets in bags it cost €289, delivered. The price now from the same company is €669.
Even if I were to get a cheque for €200, which I doubt, they would still be too expensive.
I've decided to stick with our two 9,000 BTU/Hr heat pumps, which are keeping the house at around 20º at the moment.
They struggle a bit at night, but we're warm in bed, even a bit too warm on mild nights.
I just installed an extra 11,000 BTU/Hr unit to run as and when necessary.
I believe this efficient use of electricity is cheaper than burning pellets, even if they are subsidised.
If it gets too cold (it's 11º today) we have 10 bags of pellets in reserve

hughnique

Chèque énergie BOIS

#6 Post by hughnique »

As said, bills for wood, never had one since we have been here and that's from several different suppliers. I have just got a 200€ cheque, against the leccy, brings it down to 550€ for 2 months.

Bayleaf

Chèque énergie BOIS

#7 Post by Bayleaf »

It also needs to be your principle source of heating.

hughnique

Chèque énergie BOIS

#8 Post by hughnique »

To return to the original info supplied by MAD87, what period of time does this relate to, I mentioned it to OH, and one of those lightning moments must have struck her, as she remarked on the firewood I was buying from Bricomarche last year, and could repeat, as I did not keep the bills from then. I know it is somewhat dearer than the man from the woods delivering it on his tipping trailer, all over your driveway, resulting in clearing up a multitude of bits of bark, bark which smokes like buggery when you try and fire it up. However the stuff from Bricomarche is palletised, wrapped in cling film, is totally clean and in manageable pieces, you could easily stack it straight in your front room, not that I do.

MAD87

Chèque énergie BOIS

#9 Post by MAD87 »

You have to claim by 30 April.
As to the time bracket for bills, I would imagine that wood delivered/paid for in 2022 is what they're on about. A lot of folk have wood pellet boilers and I think it's mostly directed at them.

Bayleaf

Chèque énergie BOIS

#10 Post by Bayleaf »

Perhaps Char could split this thread so that it just contains useful information about the Chèque énergie?