Jean sizes?

🛒 Tips and information about French shops, online buying, bargains, product reviews, price comparisons
Spectrum

Jean sizes?

#1 Post by Spectrum »

The DW deserved cheering up, for a long time she has wanted some tight fitting jeans, so yesterday we went into a large "Intersport" store picked up her size 28/32 a perfect fit, I noticed that they were on offer, second pair half price, being a Yorkshire man I like a bargain so I grabbed a second pair of a different colour, paid a fortune and came home. She decided to try on the second pair which didn't fit :oops: :oops: :oops: so back we went this morning, to be told that Levis have different waist height's :? :? and I had picked two different ones, so I got her a pair of 28/30, they looked bigger than the 28/32, she tried them on a very good fit, slightly bigger than the 28/32 :? but happy with them, so the moral is always try them on first, it saves diesel and the planet.

Bayleaf

Re: Jean sizes?

#2 Post by Bayleaf »

I remember years ago when Gloria Vanderbeld (sp?) jeans were all the rage for us young ladies. I was trying some on in a clothes shop, with mum in tow, and I tried 4 pairs of exactly the same size (as per dressmaker mum's recommendation). Only one pair fitted perfectly! Work that one out! :lol:

Doug

#3 Post by Doug »

Jeans? Jeans? Never warn them in my life, got more respect for my privates. :D

Blaze

#4 Post by Blaze »

Bayleaf wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:17 pm I remember years ago when Gloria Vanderbeld (sp?) jeans were all the rage for us young ladies. I was trying some on in a clothes shop, with mum in tow, and I tried 4 pairs of exactly the same size (as per dressmaker mum's recommendation). Only one pair fitted perfectly! Work that one out! :lol:
Yes, I remember Gloria Vanderbilt - "jeans built for women" was their slogan. I don't know if you can still get them ....
I try everything on, even if I want 2 of an item. You can never guarantee that they're the same size !
Always worn jeans, for work, for play, for riding ... never had too much problem finding ones to fit. Lee Cooper have consistently been the best fit for me over the years, followed by Levis womens' cut.

Bayleaf

#5 Post by Bayleaf »

We're obviously referring to jeans for the fairer sex here! :D 8-)

Veem

#6 Post by Veem »

Lee Cooper v Levi? Much like Salomon v Nordica in ski bots. It seemed you were either one or the other. I was also a Lee cooper person, and definitely Salomon.

Now I find it hard to find jeans made from proper, strong denim.

Doug

#7 Post by Doug »

Bayleaf wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:50 pm We're obviously referring to jeans for the fairer sex here! :D 8-)
Well I'm fair and sexy to boot. :D
mimi has just said hipsters are impossible to wear and youve got to have the legs for stretch ones.

Blaze

#8 Post by Blaze »

Veem wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:15 pm Lee Cooper v Levi? Much like Salomon v Nordica in ski bots. It seemed you were either one or the other. I was also a Lee cooper person, and definitely Salomon.
Now I find it hard to find jeans made from proper, strong denim.
I was a Salomon person too, Veem :D I always liked Lee Cooper but couldn't always get them, so Levis were my second choice.
And I agree about the strong denim. Remember when Levis were much thicker and were not pre-shrunk (people used to sit in the bath to shrink to fit). But I love the stretch ones, they're really comfortable.
[mention]Doug[/mention] The really low-cut jeans are out now - Mami can rest easy !!

Bayleaf

#9 Post by Bayleaf »

There's an advert on UK TV, by Levis I think, that actually encourages (finally) to buy well and buyer fewer. Encouraging people to buy better quality first time - and the jeans should last them for years and years (assuming they stay the same shape!).

I've been lucky over the years here, that I have friends who have passed on hand-me-downs for work jeans, and we also have a couple of great Charity shops in St Yrieix that always have good quality stuff - managed to get some Lee Cooper ones for Mr Bayleaf one time, and Chipie stuff for the kids. For the first time in years, I had to buy new jeans this year - from La Redoute, in the January sales. For 26€ I could get good quality, stretchy jeans - and they're really comfy! Daughter was shocked when I said we'd happily pay £80+ for a pair of Pepé or Levis "back in the day". I wouldn't dream of spending that much now (even if I could afford it!). The other bonus to buying 2nd hand, is they're already broken in for you! :lol:

Spectrum

#10 Post by Spectrum »

What I didn't say was the DW was a seamstress from 16yrs old right up to 49yrs, she has made hundreds of pairs of Levis, she also modelled them on the catwalk, so she was more than surprised about the mis fit. Have just asked her has she walks into the lounge wearing a new pair as Iam typing, yes the fabric does feel thinner she says, I have told her to take them off :o they are for Sunday best at that price. As the male partner I don't wear jeans either.